17 December 2005

Joining the Band Wagon

Well, I've offically joined the world of Blogs. It seems to be the thing to do lately and seeing as when I'm not working I often find myself bored with lots of free time. So what better way to spend my free time than by writing a Blog. For those of you might be wondering about the name of my blog, it comes from a progression of nicknames that I have had over the past few years. In college my friend Wes decided in Organic Chemistry Lab one afternoon after we had all been inhailing lots of toxic vapors, that he needed to start calling me by my last name-and only my last name. I seriously think I can count on 1 hand the number of times that he called me Rachel. Anyway, "Keyt" stuck as my new name and was adopted by my friends Manny and Nate as well. They were pretty much the only people who called me Keyt, that was until I went to PA school and met Luke. Sometime during the first couple of semesters, Luke shared with me that he thought my last name would make a great super hero name, but it needed a few minor adjustments. First it to be lengthened to Keyter and then -and possibly the most important part- you just had to add The to it, because what is a super hero name with out that, to finally arrive at "The Keyter". For some reason this nickname caught on rather quickly with my PA classmates, although most of them simply went with Keyter when refering to me. So I'm still being called Keyter by most of the people I met in PA school so I decided I'd better learn to like. And since I couldn't come up with any better title, I figured I'd use it as my Blog title.
So that's the story- not too exciting, but hey it gave me something to talk about for my first post.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welomce to the world of blogging! Your gonna love it!

Heather :)