15 January 2006

My Weekend

This was my weekend off, and a much needed one I might add. Seeing as how I don't really know anyone in Chattanooga yet, it is a bit of a challenge to find ways to fill up my 3 days off. I mean there's only so much shopping a girl can handle before getting completely burnt out. On Friday after finally getting up around 12:30 pm (hey it was after 4am before I went to bed) I decided to hit the Y. I discovered that there are very few people who work out in the middle of the afternoon, so I may have to make this my new time to visit the Y. I'm not really sure what I did with the rest of my day because as I sit here try to recap my weekend, I can't think of any great life events that occured on Friday. I think I payed some bills and put away my laundry, but if I were on the witness stand, I don't know that I could safely say this what happened on Friday, January 13th. Wow, I didn't realize until I just typed that, that we had a "friday the 13th". I guess nothing too horrible happened. Or maybe it did and my memory was erased and that's why I can't recall what I did. Saturday I braved the mall and found some new pants at Banana Republic. I also picked up some new picture frames at TJMaxx to add to my ever growing collection. That afternoon I watched the women's american nationals ice skating finals. For all of you who aren't up on your women's figure skating-and I'm guess that's probably most of you- this is the last major event before the Olympics that helps determine the 3 women who will represent the USA. Exciting I know, I bet you're on the edge of you seat waiting to read what I did on Sunday. I decided to try a new church this weekend as the one that I had been to a couple times was, well, let's just say it was too "Baptist" for me. So while this may sound rather odd considering the comment I just made, I decided to attend Woodland Park Baptist Church. It was definitely more my style and the pastor was really good. For now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to start going there. After church I went to Target, and then I headed up to Cleveland to watch the Colt's game with my friend Nathan. For those of you who didn't catch the game it was an emotional rollercoaster and a gut wrenching loss for Peyton and the Colts. They had several opportunities to win or at least force overtime, but weren't able to capitalize on any of them. It was a very sad way to end the season.
So that about sums up my weekend. Thrilling as you can read. I also managed to clean the apartment, do some grocery shopping, and balance my check book. This comming week I have 60 wonderful hours to look forward to in the Parkridge East ER. Hopefully they will be as uneventful as my weekend was!

No comments: