03 January 2006

A Weekend in the Big JC

I went home this past weekend to visit the family and celebrate a late Christmas. The Big JC was pretty much the same, except for a few new construction sites and some road construction. Of note, there is a Fatz being built in Elizabethton near the new Wal-Mart, which if you have never eaten at a Fatz, you definitely need to check it out when it opens.
On Friday night, I went to DeAnna Stoltzfus' wedding-who is now DeAnna Smith (just a bit of a simplification). On Saturday I went up to Bristol, VA to spend some time with my Granny, which is always fun. I spent New Year's Eve hanging out at the Disque house, ate some delicious white chili, played Gesstures and spent some time catching up with Leah. I also got to see my good friend Mark Hossler and his wife for a little while which was cool. I must say it was a bit of a struggle to stay awake to usher in the new year, but I'm going to blame that on my lack of sleep the week before and the very nice warm fire that I was sitting in front of. The highlight of my weekend was probably getting to spend time with my niece Kaley. She has grown so much in the month since I saw her last and she is as wild as can be. I swear the kid has more energy that anyone I have ever seen. She is so entertaining and has started talking lots more. I have pictures to post later, so there is something to look forward to. I am also proud to report that the Christine has now offically started working at Chick-fil-a in the Mall so now all five Keyt girls have joined the "cult". I'm sure everyone is surprised by this.
So as you can see it was a thrilling weekend in JC, but none the less, it was good to see the family and catch up on what was happening back home. This week it's back to work as it is my week to work five 12 hour shifts. Yesterday we saw 101 people, hopefully it won't be that crazy today.
Hope everyone had a Happy New Years, let me know what you did. Later~

No comments: