01 May 2007

Full Moon

It really is true what they say about things in the ER being worse when it's a full moon. At least it was tonight. The afternoon was great, just a few easy patients and a good staff. Then at about 7:30 the flood gates opened and all hell broke loose. At one point 17 people signed in within 30 minutes. That has to be some kind of record! To make matters worse, we were short staffed. It was all a bunch of nonsense crap too. I did stitch up this really awesome lip laceration though; it was the highlight of my night. Yeah I know, I'm twisted.
I still have 3 shifts to go this week too. I have the weekend off and my sisters are coming to visit, so that will be fun. I can't really complain about having to work 4 days in a row though, because I did it to myself. It was worth it have Saturday and Sunday off. My boyfriend's birthday (yes you did read that right) was Saturday so we went out to dinner, saw a movie, and hung out downtown with some of his friends. If you haven't seen Blades of Glory and are in need of a laugh, I highly recommend it. I laughed so hard! Sunday we spent the day out on the lake. It was so nice. I am so ready for summer and warm weather. I'm a lovely shade of pink after 6 hours in the sun! Not too bad though, and I did wear sunscreen.

4 comments:

Heather said...

can I just say how happy it makes me to see pictures of Bekah? :) I miss her.

Robin said...

Boyfriend? Details needed, please.

I totally understand about the loving to stitch stuff up. I just prefer to do it on lacerations that I made . . .

Even in dermatology, we get many more psych cases around a full moon. And they have to schedule an appointment weeks in advance. How weird is that?

Can't wait for Blades of Glory to come out on DVD!

Rachel said...

Okay here are details about the BF for those of you who are curious:)
He's a paramedic. I met him at the hospital. He's my age. We've been dating for about 7 weeks now. So there's a little more info!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I think we are going to need a little more info... We might have to meet this guy and see if we approve?