14 September 2007

BIG News

Last week I made a decision that is both the most important and difficult decision that I have had to make in my life so far. I decided to quit my current job and accept an offer to work in the ER at the Johnson City Medical Center. I offically turned in my letter of resignation on Monday. That's right folks, I'm coming "home". I will start the new job either the beginning of December or January, depending on when they can fill my current position. It was a really hard choice for me. I really like the people I work and am liked and trusted at my current job. But I'm also starting to get bored and the potential for growth and networking is limited. I realized that the easy and comfortable thing is not always the right thing. Sometimes you have to take a chance and choose the hard thing. I guess the reason this decision was so difficult for me is due to the personal side of it all. I worry how this will affect my relationship with my boyfriend. I know that I have to trust that if we're supposed to be together things will work out regardless of where we are. But saying it and believing it are two different things.
I am at peace about my decision though. I'm starting to get excited about the new job and all that comes with it. I must admit though that I'm a bit stressed out about selling my house, finding a new one, moving and all that entails. For now though, I'm just going to take it one day at a time. Otherwise, I might have nervous breakdown!!!!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Wow! That is big news! And a whole lot of change in the next few months. I'll be praying for you!

Kel said...

Hey! Congrats! JCMC Er is a happening place, hahaha. good luck :) I spent the summer working with EMS guys, they're hoot and I saw some crazy stuff at JCMC...!