05 December 2007

Back to Work

Now that December is here, it means that I'm back to having to work like a normal person. I had a large chunk of vacation time accumulated at work that I needed to use up before I leave at the end of the year. So, I decided to use most of that time in November and I got rather spoiled by having so much free time. I only worked 8 shifts in November (96 hours) and the only week I worked a semi-normal schedule was the week of Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is the end of my "vacation month" and I start back to my usually schedule by working all weekend. I can't really complain though since I only work 15-17 days a month as it is.
Before I head back to work this weekend, I am taking one last chance to have a bit of fun and enjoy the start of the holiday season. Tomorrow night my friend Nathan is singing in a Christmas concert at Lee University and I'm looking forward to attending. I love Christmas time and especially Christmas music. (I however do believe that one shouldn't start playing Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving!) I haven't found my Christmas spirit yet this year and am hoping this concert might help me find it. I also plan to put up my tree on Monday, which is something I always look forward to. As much as I love real trees, I'm resorting to the artificial tree again this year since I don't know exactly when I might end up moving. Guess I'll have to settle for my pine scent coming from a candle this year. Next week's agenda also includes sending out Christmas cards, starting and finishing my shopping, and baking. Why I didn't do some of this during all my time off, I'm not really sure, but for some reason this year I have chosen to be a procrastinator. With only 20 days left till Christmas (well almost 19), I'd better get on it though!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dawgfan said...

Did I actually read the words Nathan and singing in the same sentence? Must have been a typeo :)