25 February 2008

Out There

Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever reads my blog and if so what do they think about it? I know a few of my friends keep with with my blog, but wondering more about the "strangers" or the "semi strangers" that may stumble across what I write. Sometimes I feel a bit like a stalker when I read the blogs of people I only kind of know or know through a friend. It's weird to feel as if you're a part of some one's life and they don't even know it. I've gotten in to the habit of regularly reading other people's blogs lately and I often find what I read either makes me laugh or provides me with some food for thought. I'd like to think that my ramblings do that for others at least on some small scale. I realize I don't write a lot of posts that would qualify as deep intellectual thought, but every now and then I feel like I somehow manage to squeeze out a few lines that might shed a new perspective on things. And while I don't necessarily consider myself a "funny" person, I definitely am sarcastic and I hope that my wit and sense of humor comes across as I write. I'm someone who keeps a pretty tight lid on my emotions and blogging lets me release them a little bit, without really having to talk to anyone. I try not to filter what I put out there (except for some of the medical stories) because I want to be real and able to express the things that bug me or touch me or inspire me or just plain piss me off. I realize that in a lot of my posts it seems like I'm complaining about my life, but for me it's more venting. I just need to let it all out every now and then and I feel like this is my space to do it in.
So whether you read my blog regularly or just stumble upon it randomly, I hope that I add something to your day as you read. And I'd love to know what you think, so use that comment function!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I read your blog! I think you are hilarious . . . especially when sharing your patient stories. Whenever I see Appalachian ER on Saturday Night Live, I think of you. The writers have NO IDEA how real what they write is! I've never once thought you sounded like you were complaining!I'm glad that your new job has given you more freedom and respect. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I'm now one of your readers!! Hi friend!! I added you to my links, hope you don't mind!! Also-really enjoyed getting to hang out the other weekend, hope you get to join more silly times in the near future!!

Rachel said...

Robin, I'm glad I entertain you with my stories. I only wish that some of it really was made up!
Melissa, you're more than welcome to add me as a link! I enjoyed hanging out the other weekend too. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to your dinner get together. Hopefully we will hang out again soon!