01 May 2009

Firewall-less Friday

The firewall is down at work today, therefore I am taking the opportunity to blog as it normally prevents me from doing this. I'm tired today and it's pouring rain. It's been a long week and I think I have sinus infection too. Or maybe it's the Swine flu....I'm not sure what the big deal is with the Swine flu. It's really just like "normal flu" but happens to contain a strain that comes from pigs. I've had to laugh a bit at all the news bulletens out there about protecting yourself. Do what you'd normally do to keep from getting the flu and you'll probably be fine. I realize people in Mexico have died from the Swine flu, but healthcare isn't exactly the greatest down there and people live packed together swapping germs like crazy. This is not to minimize that people have died, I'm just saying we don't live in Mexico.
As much as I've enjoyed the sunshine lately, I'm kind of thankful for the rain today. For one, it helps cut down the pollen count. I washed my car last weekend, it's rained twice this week, and already it's a lovely shade of "pollen yellow" again. It also means I don't have to water my flowers. I do not have a green thumb, but the house I bought last August came with some lovely flower gardens so I feel that I should at least try and keep the plants alive. I currently have a few things growing that I'm not sure if they are flowers or weeds. So for now, they continue to grow.
I'm rambling I know, but I seem to have a lot of random thoughts in my head these days. I've kind of been in a funk. I don't particularly have any reason not to be happy, but I feel myself longing for something more. Like there's something missing. I can't seem to put my finger on it though. I just want to feel like I matter. Like my life means something. I'm hoping my experiences this summer will provide some answers and fufilment.
So here's what's happening in my life in the coming months:
May means Mother's Day, Val's birthday, my little sister finishing her first year of college, and an ER shift for good measures
In June I'm spending a week at DRG, and there's Father's Day
July it's off to AZ for a week of Young Lives Camp, my 27th birthday, and maybe a roadtrip
August's adventure involves a week in NY at another Young Lives Camp
And just like that summer's over.

No comments: