04 September 2010

I think I'm in love.....

...with my new vacuum cleaner. I have drooled over Dysons for years, but could never bring myself to fork out that kind of money for a vacuum. But this week I finally gave in and purchased one. It arrived today and it is amazing!
 I like to vacuum. I always have. There's something about sucking up all the dirt and seeing a clean floor that makes me feel like I have accomplished something. Thanks to my sweet cocker spaniel Toby, I have managed to kill 3 vacuums in the last 5 years. Meaning I have invested close to $300 (close to the price of a Dyson), and I have never really had one that I've loved. The most recent victim was killed off last week. I took it apart (as I have had to do many times in the past), spent 30 minutes cleaning it out, and it still didn't suck. Even when it did work, it wouldn't really pick up the stuff of the hard wood floors.
So I scoured the internet for deals and discounts, because as much as I wanted a Dyson, I still couldn't bear to pay full price. I considered buying a refurbished model, until I found an amazing deal on Amazon. I read a million reviews and finally decided to buy the All Floors DC14. Thanks to QuantiaMD, I even had a $100 gift card from Amazon to use. I also signed up for a free trial of  Amazon Prime so I could get my vacuum in 2 days (two day shipping is free when you do!). I know I'm weird, but I wanted to be able to clean this weekend. I waited excitedly for the Fed Ex man to bring my wonderful vacuum today. When it finally arrived, it immediately came out of the box and was put to use. It is everything I had dreamed it would be and more!!! It sucks up everything. I have never had a vacuum that picks up off my hardwood floors and handles all the dog fur. But now I do! I seriously don't think my house has been this clean since I moved in 2 years ago. Yep, I totally love it.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Yah for QuantiaMD!!

Erika said...

Ooh. I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am. I've wanted a Dyson ever since I saw some guy in Sears dump a whole bucket of dirt in the floor and vacuum every bit of it up. It was amazing.