03 January 2011

New Year

So the holidays are over and a new year has started. Christmas this year was good, but hard. It was so good to have all of my family in one place and to build on our traditions. I still feel like I am scrambling to catch up from the holidays. I feel like I need a week just to sleep and clean. The Christmas tree is still standing, although most of the ornaments are off. The dinning room table is covered with my post Christmas clearance purchases. I shamefully admit there are still dirty cookie sheets and pans in the sink from all the cookies, fudge, truffles, and chex mix I made. I don't really have any resolutions for this year. I have a few goals, but I'm pretty sure my year is going to be busy enough without trying to add in a bunch of changes. I had already made some lifestyle changes at the end of 2010 and will continue to stick to those in the coming year. I plan to run another 5K in April at the CFF Great Strides walk and want to better my time from Thanksgiving. Travel is of course on the agenda. There are already 3 weddings on my calender for this spring, one of which I am in. I hope to make my annual GYN surgery trip to Mexico, spend a week loving on babies in AZ at Young Lives camp, hang out as camp "doc" at DRG for a week, and maybe make it out of the country on another trip or cruise. As much as I want to go to Australia and New Zealand, I just don't think it's going to fit in this year so I'm penciling it in for 2012. Maybe I'll have someone in my life to go with by then. I feel like this year is going to fly by and I am going to just try and hold on tight and enjoy the ride. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Erika said...

I know what you mean about having so much stuff to do after Christmas. I spent like three days straight getting things almost back to normal! It sounds like a crazy, busy 2011 for you. By the way, I love your New Year's picture! You guys look great!

Tasha said...

So if you don't have "someone special" to go to Australia with you.. I want to go!

JessBingham said...

I'm probably not the "someone special" you had in mind, but I'm available!! :)