01 February 2012

Blah Blah Blah

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. Christmas has passed, the New Year has passed, and here it is the first of February I've had a major case of the blah's lately and as a result haven't really felt like posting. The holidays were really hard. 2012, didn't start out the way I had hoped. I am quickly approaching the big 3-0 and my life isn't exactly where I thought it would be. I know I have a lot to be thankful for and there are a lot of good things in my life. But 2 of the things I want the most aren't there. And it's hard to see all the people around me getting those things. I feel left out and sometimes like I'm not part of the club. I'm trying to focus on all the positive things in my life and to celebrate the exciting things in my friends lives. But it's hard not to be a little jealous. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm having a hard time rising out of this low period. I've been keeping up with my running and I think it is what is keeping me sane these days. Even when I have to force myself out the door or to the gym, I am always glad I get those runs in. I've also been tying to workout in other ways and eat right. I know I need to take care of myself even though some days I barely have the energy to function. I'm hoping the sun starts shinning in my life again.

1 comment:

C.G. Koens said...

Sorry to hear about your down days...I'll be praying for you. In the meantime, know that you and your running are an inspiration to me. I don't want to start running, but there are certainly days I don't want to get on that treadmill, but I know I need to! Blah indeed! ;-) May you see better days soon!