11 January 2013

Happy New Year

Yes, I realize we are almost 2 weeks into 2013 and I am just now posting about the start of a new year. Todd, Noah and I spent a low key New Year's Eve at home on the couch watching a movie and eating pizza. We made it til midnight, but not much beyond that. I started back to work on Wednesday, January 2nd. The first few days were really hard being away from Noah, but knowing he was with Todd helped a lot. They Facetimed me a couple of times during the day and that really made my day. In some ways it is nice to be back at work and have structure to my days, but I sure do look forward to going home and snuggling my sweet boy at the end of the day.
Noah has started sleeping more at night (with the exception of the past 2 nights) and it's amazing how getting 5-6 straight hours of sleep suddenly feels like a lot! He will be 3 months old tomorrow which does not seem possible. I love him so much and feel so blessed to be his mommy.
I am looking forward to all that this year holds for me and my family. 2012 was a year of many changes. I found out I was pregnant and gave birth to a precious little boy. I turned 30. I survived life as a NICU mom. I became an Aunt again. I had the chance to grow closer to new friends and spend much needed time with some "old" ones.
As I reflect back I realize that I am truly blessed to have wonderful, supportive family and friends; a guy in my life that loves me and Noah so much; and a sweet little boy that has stolen my heart. As I have watched several friends lose loved ones, I am reminded that each day is a gift. This year I hope to remember this and live each day with purpose. I anticipate this year being an exciting one and I look forward to watching Noah grow and discover the world around him.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like a good start to 2013 so far! Glad you are getting into a routine and getting some of those glorious sleep stretches (agreed.... I never would have considered 5-6 hours to be glorious pre-baby!). I can't believe how big Noah is getting. It doesn't seem possible that he could already be 3 months!