27 September 2006

Back in Action

I have been inspired to start blogging again after spending some time reading other people's blogs and catching up on the happenings in their lives. I realize that I miss ranting about things that bug me and logging events that happen to me. Even if no one reads my posts or comments on them, I enjoy reading back over them and remembering the funny and frustrating events that make up my life. So you may be wondering what I have I been up to since my last post, well sit back and enjoy because I'm going to tell you.

  • I finally finished unpacking all the boxes in my new house. Okay well technically I still have this one box down in the basement that has a bunch of random stuff in it that I can't figure out where to put.
  • Toby (my cocker spaniel) is getting quite big and while sometimes I get frustrated with him because he doesn't listen, I enjoy playing with him and I know he loves me.
  • I painted my kitchen red and I love it. I don't know why, but I've always wanted a red kitchen and having one makes me very happy.
  • I joined the library in Chattanooga and have started reading for fun again. Now I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but I love to read, and having spent the past 5 years pretty much only reading stuff for school, it's nice to read things that I want to read.
  • I had another kidney stone. It stayed stuck in the same place for 3 1/2 weeks, so last friday I headed to the OR to have the stone lasered into a million pieces and have a stent placed. Not fun let me tell you, but I survived. The postive thing about all of it was my dad, 2 older sisters, and my niece came down to stay with me which was nice.
  • I continue to enjoy working in the ER most days. We have started this new thing where if people come for things that are not emegencies they have to pay for the visit. If they choose not to pay, then they leave with out getting treated and are supposed to follow up with their regular doctors. This means I get cussed out a little more than normal, but it makes things more interesting.

That's about all that comes to mind right now as "significant life events". Nothing too exciting, but sometimes that's nice.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Rachel! Glad to catch up with you and see what you're up to! Toby is so cute! Love the house too!

Anonymous said...

Glad your back to blogging!