02 October 2006

Lawsuit Waiting to Happen

I learned this weekend that one of the bars/dance clubs here in Chattanooga, called the DRINK, has a swing that is 10 feet off the ground for patrons to "play on". Now let's think about this, a swing that high off the ground in a place where people consume alcohol, that's just asking for trouble. I mean drunk people can barely walk straight, how in the world are they supposed to hold on to a swing? You may be wondering how I happened along this interesting bit of information. A patient that I took care of this weekend was a victim of the swing. Her and her friend were swinging away when they lost their grip, falling backwards and hitting their heads. Naturally they were both rather intoxicated. My patient was fortunate enough to just end up with a huge gash in her head that required numerous stitches (it was quite cool actually you could lift her scalp up and everything and see the hair follicles on the underside of her scalp). Her friend however ended up with a bleed in her brain and was transfered to the trauma center. I never cease to be amazed by the things that I see in the ER.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Impressive. I like how you said it before, "You can't cure stupid."

f1rststory said...

Rachel...yo. So I decided to check out your blog. I'm glad you decided to start up again. And, you can't cure stupid...I know, I've been tryin for years and I'm still infected. HAHAHA

f1rststory said...

oh yeah...and i put a link to you on my blog...so now you have to keep yours updated!!! MuhooWaahahahahahaha

lisa said...

I see how you are! Commenting on Tim's blog and not mine. ;)