20 November 2006

Mexico

I just got back from 8 incredible days in Mexico. I went to Tapachula with Global Health Outreach, which is part of the CMDA, to do Maxilofacial and GYN surgery. It was amazing. We were all able to use our God given talents to preform close to 75 surgerys in 5 days on people who otherwise would never had been able to afford these surgeries. The most touching cases for me were the cleft lip repairs that we did on the kids. The looks on the parents' faces when they saw their children after surgery was worth more than any words of thanks.
I still feel very overwelmed by all that I saw and the work that God did there in the people and most importantly in me. I hope to make short term missions a consistant part of my life. I'm already looking at going back next year. This trip also confirmed my love for surgery and being in the OR, which has left me with a lot of questions and decisions to make about my future over the next year or so. I pray that God will show me where to go and how to best use the talent and knowledge that He gave me.
I have tons of pictures and stories that I wll post in the next few days, but for now this all I can put into words.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Wow! When I read you were going to Mexico, I had no idea what you were going to be doing. That's amazing!

lisa said...

sounds awesome! I would love to see some pics.