20 December 2006

Hair Cut

So I got my hair cut this weekend. It was no little trim either. I cut 9 1/2 inches off to donate to Beautiful Lengths. For those of you who have seen the link on my blog and wondered what it is, this is a program started by Pantene this summer to provide free wigs to women with cancer.
I had been planning to donate for a while now, but when one of my best friend's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of November, it became a little more personal. For me, it's a choice to cut my hair, for her it's not. So for anyone who might have some extra hair to spare (minimum donation is 8 inches), I encourage you to check out this site and considering donating. There are several similar groups that provides wigs for people with various conditions such as Locks of Love that provides wigs for kids with alopecia. I donated my hair to them in college (they require at least 10 inches).

Okay, here they are. In order to appease the masses, I'm posting pictures of myself with my hair cut.
I realize that by a lot of people's standards my hair is not that short, but for me it is. Especially since it was down to my butt before I cut it. I think the last time my hair was this short, I was in middle school.I like having short hair, although I'm still ending up with extra conditioner in my hand when I wash it! Guess, I'm still getting use to it. I also realized that's rather difficult to take a picture of yourself when you live alone!



6 comments:

lisa said...

so...lets see your new do!

Robin said...

Good for you! I wish I could get my hair to grow longer than shoulder length. But I also think we need to see a picture of the new 'do!

f1rststory said...

wow, that's a lot of hair!! I think that's an awesome idea...

Now let's see what you look like with short hair ;) hehe

Wendy said...

It was neat to see pics of you and the girls. And I am sure you look great with your hair shorter. It was cool to find your blog and catch up on you!

Anonymous said...

Rachel- I know you're only in your scrubs but you look really beautiful in those pictures.

Anonymous said...

You look great. Love the hair cut!!! I'm so proud :)