08 January 2007

Monday....Finally

I thought Monday was never going to get here. I worked all this weekend and it felt like one big hellish shift. I think we treated every single person in this blasted city this weekend. At one point I saw 20 people in 6 hours, which is pretty impressive in the ER world. I'm just glad it's over. This past week I worked 72 hours so I plan on enjoying my days off. I had forgotten how bad the winter months are in the ER. It was like this last year when I first started and really didn't get better until April. The rooms stay full all the time and the waiting room is packed. It doesn't even die down in the middle of the night when normal people are sleeping. I must say that yesterday people were at least nice, even the ones that had been waiting forever. Saturday was another story, it was like people were competiting to see who could be the most hateful. It was a close race let me tell you. Oh well, as one of the nurses I work with says, they can only do it to you for 12 hours!

3 comments:

Robin said...

There's much less hostility in dermatology!

f1rststory said...

now...you could get back at them in some way, shape or form if you really wanted to. ;) For me, just knowing I would have that power over them would be reward enough...hahahahahah - of course I would tell them that they could possibly die at any moment with whatever condition they had, etc. unless they were nice. hahahahahahahaha

PS - i know er docs/nurses who leave the mean people sitting around longer and hurting longer...

Kel said...

rachel! It's Kelly! Wow, I haven't seen you in ages, hahaha, funny, I though you were Sarah!! LOL! I so hear you about the ER, you should swap stories with my dad. Are you at JCMC? Cheers!