11 November 2009

Missing Nate

Lately, I have really been missing my friend Nathan. Sometimes it's still hard for me to believe he's gone. I'll see or hear certain things and think I'll have to tell Nathan that, and then I remember I can't. The other day on my facebook page the suggestion on the right side of the page was that I reconnect with Nathan. Oh how I wish I could. I'm not sure why I'm feeling that empty ache so much these days. Perhaps because it's football season and with each Vols and Colts game that I watch I wish Nathan was here to celebrate the victories (especially the one over Georgia!) and discuss what went wrong in the defeats. Maybe it's because it's nearing the time when he started getting sicker. When we all knew he was getting worse but keeping hoping and praying he'd beat it. Maybe it's because I just got back from a mission trip and it makes me think of Nathan's passion for helping other and I'm encouraged to keep volunteering because he can't. I don't really know why. I just know I miss my friend.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I've been thinking of Nate a lot too. A couple of weeks ago, I dreamed about him dying, and woke up in tears. I still can't believe he's gone.