21 November 2009

Simple Pleasures

They say life is about simple pleasures. Yesterday I was asked what my simplest pleasure in life was and how it made me feel. I thought about it for a bit and several things came to mind; being with friends, sitting on the couch with my dog beside me, hot coffee on a cold morning. But the more I thought about it I realized that while all those are little things that make me smile, my true simplest pleasure is holding a baby. It may seem strange to some, but when I'm holding a prescious little one it doesn't matter how bad my life may be at the moment, it always brings a smile to my face. At the baby shower last week I got to hold to most adorable little girl who was only 2 weeks old. I didn't want to give her back. I hope someday to have my own little ones to love and spoil but for now I'll settle for the chances I get to love on other peoples.

No comments: