04 January 2010

2010

I can't believe another year has passed. 2009 was a year of ups and downs. It didn't start off too great. January 7th will make one year since my friend Nathan lost his fight against Cystic Fibrosis. It's still hard for me to think of him really being gone. It still hurts like it was yesterday and I miss him just as much. After the year starting on a low note, things improved slowly. I started a new job in Interventional Radiology that I really like, my little sister got married, and my niece turned 5. I got to travel a lot which always makes me happy. I spent 2 of the most amazing weeks at Young Lives camp loving on babies and can't wait to go back again this summer. I cruised around the coast of Europe with one of my best friends, and made my 3rd trip to Mexico to do GYN surgery. I participated in the Great Strides Walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I gave up caffeine. I mastered making peanut butter fudge. I had another kidney stone that required lithotripsy (3 days before my sister's wedding). I got to celebrate the birth of the sweetest little boy with 2 good friends. Sunday game night became a tradition. And I finally got a table for my dinning room.
I hope that 2010 will hold good things for me. It will be my 10 year high school reunion, 5 years since I finished PA school, and my 28th birthday. I want to travel more, spend more time with the people that are important to me, make memories that count, and maybe just maybe trade in my single status for good. Stay tuned to see what this year has in store for me.

No comments: