18 April 2010

Catching up

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted, so I thought I'd fill you in on what I've been up to lately. I've been up to a few things since I last sat down and blogged. I know you're dying to know all the recent events in my oh so exciting life :-) Well, the wait is over! Here's what I've been up to in addition to working lots and keeping up with daily life:

We had a baby shower for the girls at work who are prego and it was wonderful. It was lots of fun to plan and everyone had a wonderful time.
The wonderful cakes were made by a friend, Amy Callahan Walker, that I went to college with. She is quite talented and the cakes were delicious! I made diaper cakes with a little help of my friend Melissa, and have decided that if I ever need a new career this just might be it. That or a cupcake shop! The babies will be here soon and I can't wait to meet both little girls.
I participated in the Great Strides walk in Cleveland. It was another great turn out and successful day for raising money and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis. I know Nathan was there with us in spirit and there was much tears and laughter as we remembered Nathan and how he touched us all.  This year I walked the 5K but next year my goal is to run it. My friend Tasha and I have decided we should plan to do it together.
So that means, I've started running again. I've been at if for 3 weeks now and I have to say I kind of like it. Not so much the running part because I'm not sure that I'll ever love to run, but I like how it makes me feel when I run. Afterwards I feel like I've accomplished something and I know I'm healthier for it. I'm doing the Couch to 5K program that I downloaded for my iTouch. It's pretty great because it tells me when to alternate running and walking so I don't have to pay attention to the time and can just workout. Plus I can add my own music to it and it coordinates with my workout. Sometimes I'm not sure I'm going to make it but, I know I can do because I've done it before. I got in to running before, near the end of PA school and it got me back in shape pretty quickly and I managed to lose a little weight too. I wouldn't mind if that happened again!
I am so glad Spring is finally here. The weather the past few weeks has been amazing. I've even been running outside! I also been gardening, well I weeded and remulched my flower beds which is about as much gardening as I can handle. I am contemplating planting a few things this year because I have a few open spots, but I'm a bit afraid I'll kill anything I plant.
I got a new dog. His name is Bandit. He is a toy schnauzer and is 8 months old. He is very sweet and loves to play. He and Toby actually get along pretty well.
Last weekend I headed to Nashville for a conference and got to spend some time with a couple of wonderful friends. The conference was okay, the part we went to anyway, but the shopping and hanging out part was much better! I watched the Blindside with my friend Tasha, and I think it may be one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'm not one for buying movies, but this is one I would like to own. I seriously recommend it if you have not seen it yet.
I think that about sums up the major events of my life over the past month or so. Summer is almost here and while it will be busy, I'm looking forward to it. So far I'll be spending a week at DRG as camp doctor, hanging with the girls in Boston, and going to Arizona for a week at Young Lives camp. I may try and fit another trip in there too, but I'm not sure to where yet. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Tdawg said...

I have LOVE getting to see you so much lately. Now starts my Keyter withdrawals!! Love you friend! Oh and am I allowed to back out of the running next year?? :)