23 August 2010

Walking is like Driving and Driving is like Walking

I had a lapse in judgment this weekend and went to the mall on Saturday. I normally avoid the mall like the plague on the weekend because for one the mall isn't all that great and two I normally want to kill someone within a short time of being there. I needed to fill my afternoon though, and I was really craving some Chick-fil-a for lunch, so in the midst of the monsoon, I braved the mall. Yeah, not so much a good idea. If you can have walking rage, similar to road rage, I definitely had it Saturday. I don't understand why people can't follow a few simple principles and courtesies when walking around. Such as viewing the hallways as roadways. One side goes one way, the other side goes the other way. If you are walking out from a store, you should stop and look as you merge into traffic. Not, just plow ahead and slam into whatever is in your path. You also shouldn't randomly stop in the middle of the walkway and block the area so that no one can get through. If you are walking through the food court and hit into my chair, you should probably stop and make sure you didn't do any damage. So basically walk like you would drive. Of course when driving, I realize most people can't or don't follow these simple rules in their cars, so why would they observe them when walking in public places. Still, it's just not that hard people. Wake up and pay attention.
For the record, my Chick-fil-a sandwich was fantastic as was my diet lemonade and I got a couple of cute things at Forever 21, so the outing had a few bright spots. It will be a while before I venture out the Mall weekend though, which is probably best for the safety of the teenage population of Johnson City who are the major rule breakers.

No comments: