11 August 2010

28 Years

Exactly 2 weeks ago, I turned 28 and I'm not sure I like it. I realize that there's not really anything I can do about it, but still I don't think I'm a fan of this late twenties phase of my life. Aside from a wonderful little party at work with the most wonderful cupcakes ever, and flowers from my besties, my birthday itself was pretty uneventful. I worked. I went home. I had a Happy Meal as my birthday dinner. I watched TV. I went to bed, another year older. I did celebrate that weekend with my family, so don't feel too sorry for me. I kind of feel like that what birthdays have become for me, just another reminder that I'm not getting any younger.
28 isn't that old, I get that, but when I pictured being 28 this is not how I thought it would be. I didn't think I'd spend most evening sitting at home alone. I thought there would be someone to come home to and maybe the pitter patter of little feet to greet me at the door when I got off work. And there are little feet that coming running when I get home, but it's of the 4 legged variety. I try and be happy with the life I have, because I really don't have much to complain about. I have a mostly normal family, a great job, good coworkers, a house I love, and amazing friends. And yet, none that fills the void in my life that longs for someone to share this all with. As 30 quickly approaches, I feel as though I am daily reminded that I am a single woman, and it's a status I'd gladly trade in. If you read my blog, you know I've written about this before, and while I don't want to sound like a broken record, this is my outlet to share what's on my heart and mind. This is something that weighs heavy on my heart a lot and I hope will someday soon be something I no longer have to worry about.

No comments: