31 January 2011

It's a New Day

I joined Weight Watchers right after Thanksgiving when they started the new plan (You know the one Jennifer Hudson is always singing about on those commercials). I haven't shared this with many people for several reasons. 1. I guess I am a bit ashamed that I need to lose weight 2. I am worried I won't be successful 3. I'm somewhat of a private person and 4. This is about me. But I figured what the heck, this is who I am and what I'm dealing with so I might as well share. Maybe someone else will be encouraged by my decision. It's going pretty well so far, there have been a few bumps in the road, but this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, so that is to be expected. I have a WW blog because well, there truly are somethings that only others on the Plan can relate to. The other day I posted what I consider to be a rather amusing post and I wanted to share will all my dedicated readers (all 3 or 4 of you!). So sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Dear Mr. Scale,
We need to have a chat. That number you've been holding on to for the past few weeks, yeah it's time to let it go. Remember how in the beginning of this journey, everytime I stepped on, you displayed a lower number. Yeah, let's go back to that. I've been working really hard this week and I think you owe to me to drop those digits just a little bit. It wouldn't hurt you, I promise. I keep fighting the urge to pick you up and throw you against the wall, because I know that you are not the only thing that determines my success. But still, it would be great if you'd support me in my quest to make these lifestyle changes. So I'm counting on you Monday morning to come through. I've done my part and I think it's only fair that you do yours. Glad we had this little chat. Let's hope we don't have to have it again.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!! You are not alone. :) We. can. do. this!

Unknown said...

You should be proud of yourself, you can do it!

gammyelena said...

Hi Rachel,
I have never met you, but I used to be friends with your Mom when we were REALLY young and in 4-H...around 11 and 12. I came across your blog while blog surfing. We are just beginning ww again and so far it is going well. Stick to it and rattle that old scale if needed to get proper results! Though you do not look like you need to lose any You could never deny who your Mom is...you look as if she spit you out! Take Care!
Elena Latham Murphy