03 February 2011

Well That was Random

Yep, it's that time again!
  • There was no groundhog sighting at my house this week for the big day. Either he is dead, has relocated, or is still hibernating under my house. I'm hoping for the former rather than the later! 
  • I have recently started Zumba and I love it! I'm pretty sure I look ridiculous while doing it, but it is a great work out and lots of fun. It has awakened my inner hip hop dancer. She is most definitely a white girl, but she tries.
  • When I work out I sweat A LOT. In the summer this isn't that big of a deal, but in the winter I get really cold when my body does as it should and uses the sweat to cool itself off. It so bad sometimes that I can't feel my fingers or toes and no matter how many layers I put on, I can't get warm. As a result, I've been taking very warm showers every evening. My skin however, is not a fan of this. 
  • My favorite reality show right now is Teen Mom 2. I know I shouldn't like it so much, but I can't help but watch it. It's like the car accident you can't look away from.
  • I'm excited about the Super Bowl, and not just for the commercals.
  • My massage therapist is magic. I swear. She truly makes my life better. My shoulders and neck thank her greatly for all her work. 
  • I am running again and have signed up for the 65 Roses 5K in Cleveland  in April to support Cystic Fibrosis. I'm hoping to better my time from the Turkey Trot.
  • I have become obsessed with finding good deals and saving money. It makes me so happy. I officially stalk several blogs that give info on where to find the best deals. My favorite are the "money makers" where you actually get paid to buy products!
  • And last but certainly not least, Adam got amazing news this week. The tumors have shrunk more than expected. He still has a long road ahead but this is a major step in the right direction. For now the plan is to continue chemo for another 4 cycles. Keep those prayers coming and send up the praises too!

4 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so happy to hear about Adam. That is good news! I'll keep praying!

I absolutely love your random posts! Glad that your groundhog didn't make an appearance :)

I love saving money too. I totally got into couponing last year and it was obscene how much I saved. I especially love CVSing, although we are currently swimming in free toothpaste and toothbruses and shampoo. It is so much fun though. I read an article that said that the happy feeling you get when you get a good deal is the same high you get on crack. I don't have any experience with crack, but I know I am totally addicted to saving money.

I really want to try Zumba. I have no doubt that I would be the whitest of the white girls in my class. I'm just intimidated to go by myself, so I've been trying to rope someone into it with me.

I love Teen Mom 2 too. I think the girls this season are more train-wrecky than the ones last season. I'm not sure why I enjoy this show so much. Why is this show so addicting??

Jenn said...

There isn't a good Zumba class nearby... but I'm glad you're loving it! Tell your inner white girl that she can learn. :)

Teen Mom ... LOVE IT. Can't stop watching that show!!!! So awesome to hear about your brother... will be praying!!

Girl, we are definitely going to run the 5K with excellence!!!!!

Love your post!!

Rachel said...

Erika- No crack experience here either, but if that is how people feel, I know why they get addicted! Hip2Save and TotallyTarget are my 2 fav sites. DeAnna shared both of them with me. I'm big in the Rite Aid deals! Also glad to know I am not the only Teen Mom 2 addict out there!
Jen- I'm counting down the days to the 5K. A little nervous about it, but know I can do it. Been missing Nate lots and am looking forward to doing something that honors his memory.

Erika said...

I love Hip2Save. I also use Money Saving Mom. I WISH I had a Rite Aid. I always see their deals on couponing blogs and am jealous. Sigh. CVS it is for me.