06 October 2006

I've Got Mail

I finally have a working a mail box!!!!!!!! This may seem like a very small thing and something that most of us don't think much about. However, since moving the beginning of July, I have not had a mail box. For the first month I was pretty understand since it was new construction and they had rushed getting my townhouse done so I could move in when I needed to. By the time August rolled I was starting to get pretty impatient. They finally put the posts up the beginning of September and assured me the boxes would be up in a few days, they just had to let the concrete dry for a couple of days. 2 weeks, still no box. Now, I don't really work concrete on a regular basis, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any kinds out there that take that long to dry! After a few more phone calls to the contractor, I had a mail box, but no numbers and since they want everything to be uniform, I had to wait for someone to put them up. Wednesday the numbers were finally up and today I walked to my own mailbox and got my mail for the first time in months!!!! No more trips to the post office to get the mail or mail a letter! (the post office only about 3 miles away, but still it was a pain to have to drive to get the mail)

2 comments:

f1rststory said...

although now, you will have to deal with all the junk mail on a daily basis...hahahaha

lisa said...

That's funny we had a mail box before we had our house. But we are the contractors ;)....and I'm still waiting on the house...to be finished that is.