25 July 2010

Back to the Real World

I head back to work tomorrow after spending a wonderful week in  Williams, AZ loving on babies at Young Lives camp. I really enjoyed my time out there and it was amazing watching these teen moms change through out the week. I got the sinus, ear ache, head ache, sore throat, swallowing razor blades feeling thing early in the week which made getting through the week a little bit harder physically this year. I am thankful I didn't get the GI bug that some people got though. I just hope I can kick this thing soon as I head back to work tomorrow and will begin my call week. Plus my birthday is on Wednesday and it's no fun to be sick on your birthday.
It was so beautiful out in AZ and I wish I could have stayed longer. If I go again next summer I hope to make it out to the Grand Canyon. The weather was perfect with highs in the upper 70's/low 80's and nights in the low 60's. Plus NO humidity. It was so cool one day I wore long pants and long sleeves! So needless to say, the return to summer in the South was not so great. I was welcomed back with heat and plenty of humidity.
Since I flew out of Nashville I got to start and end my travel time with visits with my good friend Tasha. I wish we lived closer cause we always have so much fun when we hang out and I value her friendship lots.She also runs a wonderful "taxi service" to and from the airport! I also got to have dinner with my friend Erin and it actually made me miss our time spent together in PA school. The only thing that was missing was Nathan.
Well, it's off to bed for me now in hopes that some extra rest will be just what I need to start the week feeling refreshed. Goodnight all.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad your blogging!!! :) I hope you got the link to my new site... but in case you didn't...

www.justthelovelythings.com

Hope you are well! P.S. We are running the 5K next year together!!! :)

Unknown said...

Yah for getting to spend so much time with you lately. I love you too friend and I am going thru Keyter withdrawals. I will be your taxi service anytime! Feel Better!!

Oh and Jenn by "we" you don't mean me too do you? :)