30 September 2011

Hodge Podge

Before I head off to Mexico for 10 days, I thought I'd write a quick blog. (which I have not packed a single thing for and my flight leaves at 530 am! totally not like me) I have some random things I want to post and a few pictures too, but as individual topics, there's not enough material to warrant separate posts. So hence the various paragraphs I am about to write!


  • I got a new end table from Crate and Barrel (the one that finally got put together after sitting in the dinning room for a couple of months) and as I don't want to leave rings on it, I decided I needed coasters. I looked on Etsy because I wanted fun coasters, but after seeing the cost, decided I could buy my own tiles and make them myself. I found slate tiles (9 for $4.89) and bought felt dots to put on the bottom. I think they turned out pretty well and they are protecting my table nicely. 
  • I got my nails done the other day. I am developing an obsession with Shellac. I love it my nails look great and like they were just painted for 3 weeks! I'm currently sporting grey. 
  • Inspired by my friend Carrie's recent blogs about reducing the clutter in her house and life, I finally gathered some of mine together and took it to the Goodwill. It is nice to have it out of my house and to know someone else can get some use out of it. I foresee several more trips in the near future. 

    1 comment:

    C.G. Koens said...

    Yay for craft time (they look great!) and cleaning out!! I've got several boxes ready to be donated and I can't wait to get them out of the house. Hope you have a good trip to Mexico!